[SOLVED] Best Gaming Monitor for RTX 3070?

Oct 24, 2020
Hey everyone,
any suggestions for the best gaming monitor for the RTX 3070? I have about a $400 budget.
Prefer a 27 inch

Oct 24, 2020
Is it worth it to get 240hz? I like to play competitive online games, but i also read that unless the frames are going above 144fps, it wont matter. Is that true?
Will the RTX 3070 be able to go that hight?

ben001

Distinguished
Definitely yes. That's my view.

I would say a monitor is an investment which you don't change time to time. There won't be much difference between 144hz & 240hz monitor, but a 240Hz monitor will give a competitive edge if you get one.

Now, I prefer to play competitive games at 1920x1080 to get the best & consistent frames as possible. However, 1440p brings better image quality due to more pixels and games are more of GPU-bound. This will change in future, as video cards are slowly making their way to 4K and even 8K. It will take some time to get a 1080p performance in 4k, by that time I consider 1440p 240hz will be a good choice.

Coming to your thoughts, Your video card can easily hit 200 frames or more in many first-person shooter games or FPP/TPP. So, it shouldn't be a problem if you get a 144Hz or 240Hz. Make sure you get a good display cable which will have higher bandwidth.

Last edited:

ben001

Distinguished
Hello,
That's correct and both VGA, DVI ports are getting obsolete.

Recently, we posted something relative. You may have a look at the link given below:
https://www.tomshardware.com/features/displayport-vs-hdmi-better-for-gaming

and, If you find we have helped you with your topic, it will be helpful for others as well looking for similar thread. Selecting the best answer might do that. :)

You're most welcome!
Ben

Last edited:
Solution