Best Gaming Monitor?

Bossman

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2003
My old Trinitron VAST monitor has died on me and I'm looking for a new monitor fast. Most of time that I spend on my computer is for gaming purposes and I'm hoping that you folks can give me some recommendations on what is currently the most recommended computer monitor for gaming in the market today.

I have no knowledge of computer monitors whatsoever. Should I get a LCD monitor, or should I get a CRT monitor for gaming purposes? Which one has the lowest draw times? How long will the monitor last me?

Bossman

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2003
What the heck? Doesn't anyone here have any CRT they can recommend to a fellow gamer, this is incredible!

dhlucke

Polypheme
The problem is that you didn't actually specify a SIZE. I read this post and just passed over it since you didn't really ask a SPECIFIC question.

For 19" crt's it appears that everyone loves the mitsubishi/nec fp912 or the 930sb

For 21"/22", I'm still trying to figure that out.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Unless you want a 17" LCD, I would stick to CRT's since LCD's still have ghosting.

Bossman

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2003
Whoops, my bad. I'm assuming the bigger the better, I'm hoping to look for something in the 20" - 22" size, since I do spend an enormous amount of time on the computer and would appreciate having a monitor with an eye soothing size to look at.