Best Gaming Mouse: Top Pointers for 2020

Apr 2, 2020
I used a number of gaming mice, mostly Logitech and MadCatz. They are typically used for gaming and office both. And the end of them is always the same: back side button breaks.

For modern gaming mice they advertise countless millions of clicks but in a small font they add: for main buttons. But side buttons are used in gaming extremely intensively. For usual offcie tasks they are used too. So I see some hypocrisy in these millions of clicks when you anyway have to throw away that mouse in a year.

In would be nice to specify in reviews which exactly type of a switch is used for side buttons.

kracsnz

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
Wish you hadn't recommended the Naga Trinity. This isn't like Naga's of the past, after moderate use the swappable side panels start having connection issues and buttons will stop working. Went through 3 of them in warranty period before switching to a different one. Build quality is very poor.

mogster

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2011
Bah. When is someone going to invent an "MMO" mouse that doesn't stick all the buttons on one side? My muscle memory isn't fast enough to reliably pick from a dozen buttons all lumped together.

yvdrhaeg

Reputable
Mar 20, 2017
I'm sorry, but lauding the deathadder Elite for it's switches is really misleading. They may feel great (and they really do), but they do not last. A cursory search will return many problems with the Omron switches in general, as I have personally experienced (there are some interesting articles about how these switches are actually used outside of their specs in many modern mice). I don't think it is acceptable for a 75 Euro mouse to have failing switches after 1-2 years of use, and for this to be far from a rare occurence. Especially as it is one of their selling points ...

Sep 11, 2019
But is there any USB Keyboard / Mouse Switch that supports them? My experience is the extra features dont work when using a switch.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS