Best gaming OS

Solution
Get 8.1

You get more performance and it is a smoother OS than 7.

Let me explain something. Windows 8.1 is great. Windows 8 is horrible. 8.1 fixes the issues. Everything that made 8 seem like a touch screen optimized tablet OS, is able to be turned off.
If people complain about windows 8.1 not having a start button, they they have never used it for an extended period of time. Not having the same start button has caused not issues at all for me. It has one, and if you right click, it brings up a type menu (NOT metro). The search bar is still there. Just bring your mouse to the bottom right of the screen, and it is there. Everything that the start button offered, can be easily brought up in the search, or by other means.

I have 8.1, and...

cabudinen

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013

I hope you are not talking to me, you obviously never used windows 8. Here's a screenshot of my weird metro desktop.

TxnoQHm.jpg

cabudinen

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013

I know, if I put all the games in my desktop, I will probably need one more screen, that's just a part of it. XD

Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 are equal in terms of gaming. For everthing else windows 8.1 is better. The modern UI is not as invasive anymore as some people can make it out to be. You can still boot to desktop and keep all your shortcuts on the desktop just like 7. So IMO there is no need to use windows 7.

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador

If only the windows button lead to a start menu :(

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador

It leads to start menu! Here,

2I4hNFs.jpg
[/quotemsg]

? My desktop also has 8.1, but when I click on it it leads me to the tile UI. Sure you can install software to enable a start menu, but why hassle your system with more junkware. Good thing my laptop is still on 7 ;)

cabudinen

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013

? My desktop also has 8.1, but when I click on it it leads me to the tile UI. Sure you can install software to enable a start menu, but why hassle your system with more junkware. Good thing my laptop is still on 7 ;)

[/quotemsg]

Junkware? lol Some people just like to live in their own little box. Windows 8 is the new XP. If you guys are too dumb to realize it, might as well downgrade to Vista, or be smart and download classic shell.

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador

Junkware? lol Some people just like to live in their own little box. Windows 8 is the new XP. If you guys are too dumb to realize it, might as well downgrade to Vista, or be smart and download classic shell.

[/quotemsg]

Edit: Ah the program called classic shell. Did you notice a performance decrease when using it?

I'm not a big fan of windows 8 on a monitor that isn't a touchscreen. Sure windows 8 may come with its performance boosts, but I'm still used to the windows classic interface. It's not for everyone I agree, but I still feel choosing windows 7 vs 8 as an OS is a solid option.

I might downgrade back to 7 soon as windows 8 has been giving me lots of problems. Sure it may work fine for some people, but it's not for everyone... With windows 8 I now have a 30 second black screen when waiting to boot up, my wireless adapter constantly disconnects and I have to go and re enable the wireless service every time...

Get 8.1

You get more performance and it is a smoother OS than 7.

Let me explain something. Windows 8.1 is great. Windows 8 is horrible. 8.1 fixes the issues. Everything that made 8 seem like a touch screen optimized tablet OS, is able to be turned off.
If people complain about windows 8.1 not having a start button, they they have never used it for an extended period of time. Not having the same start button has caused not issues at all for me. It has one, and if you right click, it brings up a type menu (NOT metro). The search bar is still there. Just bring your mouse to the bottom right of the screen, and it is there. Everything that the start button offered, can be easily brought up in the search, or by other means.

I have 8.1, and I NEVER see metro. I boot straight to the desktop too. You will NEVER have to see metro. I have never used it once, because you never have to, its always hidden from my sight.

Solution