Question Best GPU choice for me ?

Ardbeat

Commendable
Mar 20, 2020
Dear readers,

I have a question for you and look forward to hear your suggestions.

My current system:
  • Intel i5-11400F (combined with be quiet! Pure Rock 2 Black cooler)
  • Corsair 16GB DDR4 3600 MHz
  • ASUS TUF GAMING B560-PLUS WIFI Intel B560 LGA 1200 ATX
  • Samsung 970 EVO 1TB + Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm
  • Gainward GTX1660 Super
  • Corsair TX650M (80 Plus Gold) power supply
  • MSI Optix G273QFK monitor (165hz, 1440p, IPS)
I feel like I am in need and am excited to buy a new GPU in order to play the latest games (e.g. Hogwarts Legacy, Apex Legends on higher settings, Warzone etc. but also CSGO/Valorant type of games) with the option to play them in both 1080p (165+ fps) and 1440p (60+ fps) if I want to. Plus I have a decent amount to spend (between 450 - 550 euro's, with a preference to the lower end of the range ofcourse).

I did a bit of research and thought the RX6750XT would be a good option, for example this model (MSI Radeon RX 6750 XT MECH 12G OC) is available for 459 euro's. Whereas the cheapest RTX 3070 is the Inno3D GeForce RTX 3070 Twin X2 OC for around 580 euro. Definitely the AMD card is a much better price/value. I do not care much for Raytracing, for DLSS I am not sure. I think it will be a nice plus tho and I am used to the Nvidia panel and settings. Just for reference the 3060 ti is around 440 euro's and the RX6700XT around 420 euro's.

The questions I have are the following:
  • What would be the best card that would fit with my 650W PSU (I do not want to upgrade this) and that would fit with my monitor. On some websites it says that my monitor is both G-sync and FreeSync compatible, other websites state that my monitor is merely G-sync compatible. When I enter the settings of the monitor it states that it has 'Adapative Sync'. I would like to have the option to either use G-sync or FreeSync ofcourse, however if my monitor only supports G-sync than I might have only the choice for Nvidia.
  • Which GPU would you recommend for me to get the best bang for buck that would be fine for the next couple of years? Or would you advise me to wait until the RTX 4060 (Ti) drops?
Looking forward to your replies!

Reactions: Ardbeat

Ardbeat

Commendable
Mar 20, 2020
If you can wait until April I would look at the reviews of the RTX 4060 (MSRP $400). The RTX 4070, 4060 Ti and 4060 are all due for release then.

https://www.guru3d.com/news_story/g...ivalent_to_an_rtx_3070_ti_in_performance.html

That is quite interesting. Might decide to wait (although I am not a big fan of waiting), but its better to wait then possibly regret it once it drops in the next quarter.

Regarding the question of my monitor, do you think an AMD card would work with FreeSync on this monitor?

Reactions: Why_Me