Best GPU Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

SR TEE

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2013
Actually there's a deal that Tom's Hardware overlooked, on Newegg they were selling(I think they're out of stock now) a Sapphire RX 470 8gb mining version for $109.99 which is the best deal I've seen in a while. Yes, it's a mining card and it only comes with a DVI-D port so you'd have to get an HDMI adapter. Even with the adapter I don't believe you could run the resolution above 1080p which I don't believe that would be an issue for most people using this GPU because it perfect at that price for medium to very high setting with good frame rate at 1080p.

Reactions: BulkZerker

Rexer

Distinguished
I was expecting what's left of 1080 to come under $400 this week. I lied. That was a useless hope.
For the Black Friday Special. Newegg is selling the Sapphire Vega 64 for $399. I've had one for a year and I paid $500 retail (Nov 1, '18. I think that's an excellent buy considering last March, Vega 64's prices fluctuated above $700.

Rexer

Distinguished

Oh, by the way, last time I checked, it is listed with a $149 game package. Have a good time.

average joe

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009
Now that the 1070s are $280 the 1070tis at $350 make sense. Black Friday deals = being back to msrp 2 yrs after release. the two cards that seem worth it are the AMD 570's and the NVidia 1070's unless you need 4k.

Is it still not clear these are advertisements and Tom's gets paid when people click these links? Tom's really should make that clearer...

They have a blurb on the main page the one time I looked, but I'm not sure that's what the FTC really meant:

Affiliate links are links to online shops. If a user purchases a product via this link, the influencer receives a commission.

The FTC suggests using expressions like “I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.” to disclose the financial benefits of the cooperation. The label has to be placed in close proximity to the link.

Rexer

Distinguished

The reference model? Yep.That's the one I'm referring to. I've no problems with this card. It's mildly clocking around 1630/1690 mhz, mem 960/1010 mhz, 20mv with the power limit 40% +.The blower's loud @65% but it's staying under 72c. It runs peechee. No crashes. I guess I could take it higher but it's not necessary.
I want to mention this one thing, it's benefiting from an air condition room. I think that's important to point out. Without air conditioning, the temps would go soaring in games like CoD WW2. It's remarkable how well the Vega 64 responds with it.
I bought the card with the intent to purchase a water block. But finding a $235 air conditioner on sale for $110 at Fry's changed my mind. I wanted to say cool, too.
Air conditioning. What was I doing living without it?

Why isnt the the Vega 64 listed for 400 on Newegg with 3 games listed?

+1 for this question.

The Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64 has been available on NewEgg for $400 for several months, originally with the 2-game Division 2 / World War Z bundle, and now with the 3-month X-box service offer.
Additionally, the Power Color Vega 56 has also been available on NewEgg for $299 for several months. It may also be available on Amazon for a similar price.

As of the time of this posting they are both still in stock at these prices.

Sadly, the Pulse just came off a $299 sale on Amazon, otherwise that would also have been a great deal. But currently $430+ for the Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 is a terrible deal.

Both are very good deals at these prices.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS