Best gpu for 4K uhd gaming

royboi

Reputable
Aug 16, 2017
I'm looking to upgrade my current hardware to accommodate my LG oled b7 that I absolutely love playing on. I have a 144hz 2560x1440 monitor as well, but just enjoy playing on a larger home theater display on my couch, despite the 60hz max refresh rate I get on my lg. I just think nothing compares to the oled display and just as long whatever I'm playing is running at a constant 60fps or higher I'm satisfied.

What I'm wondering is what is the best current gpu I can get whatever the cost to play ANY game MAXED out at a constant smooth 60fps at NATIVE 4K. I know the gtx 1080ti is basically just as good the titan xp and half the cost, but what variant of the card (MSI, EVGA, etc.) since I've looked in detail and it seems the founders edition of that card is sold out everywhere, at least for the listed price on nvidias/evgas website for $699. I'm pretty set on nvidia cards as well.

Should I get a certain variant? Should I wait for a restock of the founders edition? Should I say fuck it and get the xp since most 1080ti's online are going for around that price anyway due to most being sold out? Should I wait for the release of next year cards? Should I consider SLI? (Even tho there seems to be currently some problems within SLI and most developers not supporting it in their games)

Also what other upgrades would be recommended CPU/memory/PS wise?
My current specs:
Cpu i7 5930k
Gpu 2 gtx 980s using SLI
16gb ram
800wat power supply

I really just want the most mind blowing gaming experience I can possible have at native 4K, and while I'm willing to spend a lot to obtain it, would like to also make a smart investment that will perform in next gen gaming.
Any advice is appreciated thanks!

Solution
Twin 1080tis are your choice then. However a single one is plenty today, if you're willing to dial back your settings a tiny bit on occasion. If you gave me a 1080ti founders edition I'd sell it an buy a 1080 that wasn't fe if I had to to avoid a fe card. If you're simply unwilling to drop off max settings then get 2 today and save the headache.

In most cases the 1080ti beats a titan, so no part of me would consider s titan for gaming

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
Twin 1080tis are your choice then. However a single one is plenty today, if you're willing to dial back your settings a tiny bit on occasion. If you gave me a 1080ti founders edition I'd sell it an buy a 1080 that wasn't fe if I had to to avoid a fe card. If you're simply unwilling to drop off max settings then get 2 today and save the headache.

In most cases the 1080ti beats a titan, so no part of me would consider s titan for gaming

Solution