Question Best GPU for an i7 7700?

mttduley

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
Hey everyone, I'm looking to upgrade my CPU and GPU both to keep them a little more modern and also to hopefully try out some VR in the future. Basically I have an MSI B250 PC MATE mobo with an i5 7500 and a GTX 1060 6GB. The best CPU I can get without upgrading my mobo is an i7 7700 but I'm curious what the "pro's" recommend for a well paired GPU. I don't want to create a bottleneck anywhere or spend money on a card I can't utilize. Any advice is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance!

PC-Specs.png

RX 580, GTX 1060, GTX 1070, GTX 1660 TI or RX 2060 will all work fine with that 7700k. In fact, you could actually go a bit higher than that if you wanted. Back when the 7700k was pretty much the highest consumer CPU you could get, plenty of people were using them with the 1080 TI with no complaints, and still are. I know people using an i7-3770K with high end cards without a whole lot of problem.

Of more important than what you CAN use with it, is what you SHOULD use with it, and THAT will be based on what power supply you have or are willing to GET.

What is the EXACT model of your current power supply?

TRENDING THREADS