Question Best GPU for Core 2 Duo e4500 @2.2GHz?

Hello everyone that sees this

I'm asking what is the best suitable GPU for my configuration:

RAM: 4GB
Mobo: asus ?????(i dunno the model number,but i know its a LGA775 socket XD)
Processor:C2D e4500 @2.20GHz
PSU can support up to 400W
GPU must be at or above 128 bit.(AMD or Nvidia,i dont care about branding)

That's a very weak processor. It is going to bottleneck most of the mid/high range GPUs. You need to look for some entry-level low profile card, which might suit your needs. Is it for GAMING, or some other work/purpose ?
This isn't my primary PC, I'm planning to give it to mymom, since I got a newer pc and didn't need this one. It's purpose is mostly web surfing, a touch of light browser gaming. I'm just looking for a card that is equivalent to the cpu I have and will give the best performance

Not sure why you specified it has to be a 128 bit memory bus, do you know why you are looking for that? Did you just read that it's faster than 64 bit?

Something like a GT 710/720 would be OK for that system and will be faster than the onboard video in the Core 2 Duo CPU. A 730 is also OK if you can find one cheap. GDDR5 would be the best version of the 730 to get but in your usage and the system it's going into, that is not really an issue if you get a DDR3 730.

Using a solid state drive would make the system run better also, a 120/128 GB one is plenty for basic use and should be very cheap.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

TRENDING THREADS