Question best gpu for dell optiplex 790 sff?

Jul 2, 2018
After getting my pc (Dell optiplex 790 sff) i decided that i needed a graphics card for it.The first thing i bought was a amd radeon hd 7570.This was a bad choice.Now im deciding that i need a graphics card for my pc that will allow me to run games like fortnite or apex legends on low-medium settings.I will also try to stream on twitch with 720p minimal.Anyone know a good graphics card for my pc?I know theres is not a lot of options but i know there is some.Right now i have about 150$ however if i need to save up more i will.Below is also some information about my pc.Thank you!

Specs
CPU Intel core i3 2100 @3.10 ghz
GPU:AMD radeon hd 7570
ram: 8 gb ddr3
windows 10
ddr3 pc

If you have a 300W PSU or better you could install a low profile GPU like the MSI GeForce GTX 1050 LP or the ASUS GeForce GTX 1050 LP.
The MSI I installed was purchased from Dell website because it was cheaper there at the time. The Asus was purchased from Amazon.

Jul 2, 2018
If you have a 300W PSU or better you could install a low profile GPU like the MSI GeForce GTX 1050 LP or the ASUS GeForce GTX 1050 LP.
The MSI I installed was purchased from Dell website because it was cheaper there at the time. The Asus was purchased from Amazon.
So will ddr5 work or i have to actually find a ddr3?

Jun 11, 2019
It's all about the physical configuration of your computer case, and its' power supply. Your (and my) computer has an OEM PSU of 240 W; Some versions of this same computer might have a lesser OEM Wattage PSU, so check. Easy and fairly cheap upgrade, if required.

Having done considerable research, the Nvidia 1030 GFX card is about the best that will fit, both physically and power-draw-wise, into your 240W computer. It's a single bay, half-height card. Mine works well, for what it is, and with no problems. Ram is maxxed-out, of course, and I upgraded to same Gen I7 CPU vice OEM I5 CPU. GFX card ran well before the CPU upgrade, and runs fine now.

Since this a SFF computer, I wanted some USB 3.x capability for less time spent in backing-up, to an external device, vice OEM USB 2.0, and so installed a USB 3 card into the remaining slot available. If you wish to forego this feature, then double bay, half-height cards might be an option. Just mind the power draw, and the physical size/dimensions of the card.

I can't say if my particular configuration will play what you want it do. I can say that it will run modern flight sims with few GFX downgrades very well.

Last edited: