Prominent
Mar 15, 2020
Hi i want to know what gpu it's better to upgrade my specs
I5 4690k 4.3 ghz overclocked
Gtx 770 gainward phantom 2gb
16gb ram
Motherboard z97-a
Psu be quiet! 700w
I dont want to go too much on price and i want the gpu to handle almost 60 fps in call of duty warzone on medium and i was thinking about GTX 970 4GB OR RX 580 4GB but some says rx 580 is too much for i5 4690k and cant keep up any suggestion? And how do i know if the gpu was used for mining i dont want to buy it for 1 week 😀

Last edited:
Solution
Depends how cpu taxing this game is whether it can sustain a level of frame rate + other game related cpu tasks.

Good way to find out how much more your cpu can provide a faster graphics card is lower details as much as possible including resolution so your current card is demanding more frames from the cpu. Then monitor cpu usage while playing in heavy situations and gauge frame rate vs usage.

Games are moving away from quads and hex cores are being challenged as well now. Frame rates has a lot to do with cpu usages in games today. If you can find a comfortable fps level your cpu is able to give you without maxing out, that'll be your reference point in the kind of performance to expect from a faster graphics card.

Regarding mining...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Depends how cpu taxing this game is whether it can sustain a level of frame rate + other game related cpu tasks.

Good way to find out how much more your cpu can provide a faster graphics card is lower details as much as possible including resolution so your current card is demanding more frames from the cpu. Then monitor cpu usage while playing in heavy situations and gauge frame rate vs usage.

Games are moving away from quads and hex cores are being challenged as well now. Frame rates has a lot to do with cpu usages in games today. If you can find a comfortable fps level your cpu is able to give you without maxing out, that'll be your reference point in the kind of performance to expect from a faster graphics card.

Regarding mining cards, in contrary, the miner often underclocks and maintains exceptional cooling for their hardware. Sure, they're working around the clock but are well looked after. Most of the time.

1660Ti could be another idea.

Last edited:
Solution