[SOLVED] Best GPU for i7 4790?

Dec 14, 2019
My rig is below

I7 4790 processor
Z97x ud7 th mobo
16gb gskill 1600mhz ram DDR 3
VS 550 psu

I play all games 80% are up to 6 years old 20% new series like bfv, metro, cod series etc.
I am looking for best GPU, which can run all games on 144hz 2k monitor.
I can change my PSU
I can change 144hz FHD monitor
Money is not an issue in buying a GPU.
I want to buy GPU and monitor now and rest of rig in 2021.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
As of now I am looking for GPU upgrade.
If my PSU is a dead point in that case I will upgrade it.
So please look at my present rig and advice me for best suited GPU, which run smoothly no bottleneck.
Every system can bottleneck in certain circumstances. Your FPS in new games will be limited by your older cpu regardless of gpu choice. However a gpu like the 2070 Super will allow you to turn up the game settings at 1440p and enjoy very high detail at the FPS you can achieve. The term bottleneck is thrown around a lot and very misunderstood by many.

A VS550 is a low quality psu, not something I would pair with any mid to high end gpu.
If you are looking to play the latest games at 144fps you are looking at a full pc upgrade. However if 60+ FPS is ok the a gpu and psu upgrade will do. For 1440p an RTX2070 or 2070 Super would work very well. Pair that with a good quality 650w psu like a Seasonic Focus Gold and you are good.

Dec 14, 2019
So please look at my present rig and advice me for best suited GPU, which run smoothly no bottleneck.

Every system can bottleneck in certain circumstances. Your FPS in new games will be limited by your older cpu regardless of gpu choice. However a gpu like the 2070 Super will allow you to turn up the game settings at 1440p and enjoy very high detail at the FPS you can achieve. The term bottleneck is thrown around a lot and very misunderstood by many.

A VS550 is a low quality psu, not something I would pair with any mid to high end gpu.

Solution