Question Best GPU for my current build?

nikolasferreira

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2013
Hello guys, i'm currently thinking about upgrading my GPU.

First and foremost, this is what i currently have:

System:
Ryzen 7 2700
ASRock A320M-HD
MSI Radeon RX 570 4GB ARMOR OC
2 X 8GM 2666Mhz T-Force Vulcan 8GB
AeroCool KCAS 500W Bronze 80 Plus
Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 (22621.819)

Storage:
KINGSTON SNVS500G
team T253LE240g
STD1000DM003 x 2

Monitors
SuperFrame Precision, 27 Pol CURVO, Quad HD, FreeSync/G-Sync, 1ms, 165Hz, HDMI/DP, SFV2701G
Concórdia 27" LED Full HD, 165Hz, 1ms, HDMI/DisplayPort, FreeSync, Preto - G5s

I will be mostly using for 1440p gaming (single player). What would be the best mid end GPU on the market?

I'm looking into those too mostly:
MSI RX 6700 XT MECH 2X 12G OC
RTX 3060 Ti TWIN X2 LHR / N306T2-08D6-119032DH

Consider a $400 - $600 budget. Also i'm aware that i would need to upgrade my power supply.

Another point to consider is that in the future i'll be upgrading my mother board + CPU, is a brand new 650w PSU ok? (considering i'll be getting a Ryzen 7 5700x or similar).

Since i'm tending to continue using AMD would be most optimal to buy an RX? Should i wait for the new RX 7XXX?

Thanks in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
is a brand new 650w PSU ok?
Wattage isn't the only thing you look at when shopping around for a PSU. You should look into branded, reliably built PSU's. What sort of brands do you have access to? What sort of a budget are you allocating towards the PSU purchase? I tend to add a little more wattage for the sake of headroom(with upgrades and longevity in mind).

I will be mostly using for 1440p gaming (single player). What would be the best mid end GPU on the market?
That answer would be better stated if you could mention the titles you want to play(without an etc. in there). Some titles will favor AMD cards while other titles will favor Nvidia's GPU architecture.

Since i'm tending to continue using AMD would be most optimal to buy an RX? Should i wait for the new RX 7XXX?
That's also subjective, with personal preference coming into play. Some people are going to go with an all AMD build on any given day even there may be shortcomings. I mean that both cards have their strengths and weaknesses.

nikolasferreira

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2013
Hi thanks for the insights. Here is the missing information:

I forgot to mention that i'm from Brazil and won't have that much to choose from.

Keeping in mind those future upgrades the only extra thing i would need from my PSU is to be MODULAR.

I recently found those two models for a similar price:
RGPS-750W
CX650F - CP-9020217-NA

The redragon is a bit more expensive but it's plus gold and 750. Would a Corsair one still be better?

I usually play some hearthstone (my current GPU is more than enough for 1440p), Diablo, Borderlands, Red dead Redemption, Dying Light, Resident Evil. Those would be the main titles.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2022
I used MSI RX 6700 XT MECH 2X 12G OC graphics card once, and I can say it has excellent quality and performance for a reasonable price. I was thrilled because the graphics card worked without overheating and didn't make a horrible noise. The only downside I noticed is that this graphics card doesn't work correctly with Windows 11, which gives an error. This is the reason why I bought a new Cyber X Gaming GPU so that I could play video games in peace. About the power supply, I can say from personal experience that the RGPS-750W is good and works quietly. Still, it has rigid cables, and I had difficulty assembling my PC.

Last edited:

nikolasferreira

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2013
I ended up getting an CX650F - CP-9020217-NA + MSI RX 6700 XT MECH 2X 12G OC.

Can vouch that i can run every game with 70-90 fps while running 1440p on Ultra. Examples:
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy
The combo works great. I'm planning on upgrading mobo + processor in the future.