Question best gpu for my system

corymartin555

Distinguished
BANNED
Mar 13, 2015
what is the best gpu for my system i have a fx 8350 with 16gigs of ram and a evga 500w psu..right now i have a gtx 1050 what is my best options for 200$ or less

The latest Battlefield games are CPU dependent in multiplayer, especially with a lot of players. So I'd recommend looking for videos of people using an FX CPU like yours in multiplayer, regardless of the videocard they are using, and you'll get an idea of how the average framerate will be and also how stable the framerate will be.

You can test for CPU use right now. Run the game at 1080p low settings in a multiplayer game. Use a program like MSI Afterburner to monitor CPU usage and GPU usage. Now drop the resolution to 720p while using the same low settings and running in another multiplayer game using the same map. Did the framerate go up? If you are not limited by your CPU then the framerate should have gone up, because by dropping the resolution you have removed some workload off the 1050. The more framerate went up, the more a 580 will help. If framerate didn't go up that much it means your CPU is already running the game about as fast as it can.

TRENDING THREADS