[SOLVED] Best gpu for pentium g4560

Allyboi

Prominent
Jun 30, 2020
Hi! Im planning on buying a new system and im debating, will a gtx 1050 ti oc or a XFX rx 470 black edition or a sapphire pulse rx 570 (8 pin edition) be the best pair for a pentium g4560.
Any suggestions/answers is appreciated!

Solution
Ok, so here's the deal.

It appears that your monitor has a resolution of 1400 by 900 pixels. The baseline for most people these days is 1920 by 1080, but in your case the lower resolution is good for you because of the hardware that you are planning on building this PC with.

So about that hardware. The RX 570 is definitely the most powerful GPU of the three that you mentioned. The only downside of the RX 570 over the 1050 Ti is the power draw; the 570 draws up to 150 watts over the 1050 Ti's 75 watts. Because of this, you should make sure the power supply of the PC you are buying is at least 400 watts. AMD recommends a 450 watt power supply, but since your CPU is so low-powered, I think 400 watts should do the trick.

As far as the...

Allyboi

Prominent
Jun 30, 2020
Im buying a custom built pc. Its specs are: g4560, 8gb ram, gtx 1050 ti (probs an gigabyte version), 500gb hdd, standard gigabyte mobo. Im using an old dell led monitor (max output via dvi and vga is i dont know but i know its a 60hz refresh though).

Im going to be using it mainly for online school and gaming.
Games im going to use are
Fallout 4 (med and low setting, maybe some high.)
GTA V (low to med)
Payday 2 (high all)
Gmod (high all)
Csgo (med to high)
So yes im primarily using it for gaming.

Allyboi

Prominent
Jun 30, 2020
ok; so I can give you a more complete picture, can you tell me what your budget is or how much extra you'd be willing to spend should a change to your current setup make a large difference?
My budget is $260 or 13k PHP.
The pc w/ gpu (gtx 1050 ti) is 13k PHP/$260, i can remove the gpu and grab a seperate gpu (sapphire pulse Rx570 (8 pin) which costs 4.5k PHP/$90 which is cheaper than the pc w/ gpu, or a an XFX Rx 470 black edition for 3.7k PHP/$75.
Im still asking the seller the max size of the gpu in the pc.
But those 2 are my planned replacements.

Ok, so here's the deal.

It appears that your monitor has a resolution of 1400 by 900 pixels. The baseline for most people these days is 1920 by 1080, but in your case the lower resolution is good for you because of the hardware that you are planning on building this PC with.

So about that hardware. The RX 570 is definitely the most powerful GPU of the three that you mentioned. The only downside of the RX 570 over the 1050 Ti is the power draw; the 570 draws up to 150 watts over the 1050 Ti's 75 watts. Because of this, you should make sure the power supply of the PC you are buying is at least 400 watts. AMD recommends a 450 watt power supply, but since your CPU is so low-powered, I think 400 watts should do the trick.

As far as the rest of your hardware goes, the RAM and HDD are less than ideal, but aren't showstoppers and you should be ok with them all things considered. However, I would strongly strongly recommend that you equip your PC with a better CPU than the Pentium g4560. Here's why: the minimum system requirements for GTA V is an Intel Q6600 Quad-core processor. This is a four core, four thread processor that came out in 2007. The Pentium g4560 is a 2 core 4 thread processor that came out in 2017. Both are discontinued by Intel. The issue here is that GTA V wants 4 physical cores in your CPU as a minimum, whereas the CPU that you are buying has only 2 physical cores. Pretty much any modern game these days needs a minimum 4 core 4 thread CPU for the game to run properly. Without it, you'll run into hitching, juddering, crashing, lots of unpleasant stuff. Lot's of people ask about "future-proofing," how long a piece of hardware might last in the future; I'm worried that you'll have trouble running the games that you want to play right now on day 1.

So to sum up, I'd encourage you to get the RX 570 and a power supply that can handle it as far as the best GPU is concerned. However, the Pentium is so likely to give you problems that if its between the RX 570 with the Pentium vs the 1050 Ti and an Intel i3 processor, I'd definitely get the i3 processor.

Solution

Allyboi

Prominent
Jun 30, 2020
Thanks for the advice man!
The reason i like the pc build is my friend has it and he showed that GTA V is stable on normal.
I will try to find another build, thanks for the help!