Best gpu that i3 8350k can run

ZW____

Honorable
May 10, 2017
What is the best gpu that you can run with a i3 8350k without bottleneck, please dont be one of those people that says there will always be bottleneck because thats not my question.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
RTX 2080ti.

Gpus don't bottleneck a cpu or vice-versa. Game code and what games you play, thread optimizations, what expected fps, that's what bottlenecks a cpu, resolutions and detail levels are all about the gpu.

The i3 can handle any 4 thread game, the gpu can handle any resolution and any fps. So you could play CS:GO quite comfortably at 4k and still get well beyond its 60fps limits, or at 1440p/144Hz and get consistent 150+fps.

But don't even consider Witcher 3, GTA:V or any of the other 8 thread optimized games or fps is going to tank, nothing to do with the gpu.

Now if you are talking a regular 1080p/60Hz monitor, then an Rx580 or gtx1060 is your best bet as anything higher is wasted.

You can not generalize the term bottleneck.
Games are written differently, some are more cpu heavy, while some are more gpu heavy.
Optimization is also an important aspect.

The best thing is first perhaps to mention the games you want to play, your desired resolution and your desired FPS (incl. your monitor refresh rate).

Mar 26, 2019
You can get any high-end video card. It is unlikely to bottleneck on the CPU.

Here is my rule of thumb: The guys at videocardbenchmark.net did not pick the scores for G3D and Passmark randomly. They aligned them to a system whose Passmark CPU score is similar to its G3D score will be well balanced. They can not say that, because the silly complaints from people who are running unusual work loads would be endless. I can literally hear (a voice in my head saying) "Nuhh huhhh ..." This rule of thumb is not perfect, but it holds most of the time.

In my experience, things bottleneck when the CPU or GPU is twice the score of the other component. Again, this is a rule of thumb that only applies to gaming, and can be right or wrong depending on your workload.

Your i3 8350k has a Passmark score around 9192: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i3-8350K+@+4.00GHz&id=3102

The best video card currently available (a Titan RTX) has a score of 18,916: https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

So, almost increase in the power of you video card will benefit you.

A very well matched card would be a RX580, RX590, GTX 1060 3GB or a GTX 1060 6GB.