[SOLVED] Best GPU (without external power) to pair with A10-7800 AMD CPU to avoid bottlenecks?

mossi

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013
Best GPU (without external power) to pair with A10-7800 AMD CPU to avoid bottlenecks?

A friend asked me to have a look at an old battered PC that his daughter has. It's one of those 'gaming PCs' with a A10-7800 APU on it.
It's got a 300W 80+ Bronze PSU of a non-recognisable brand and she wanted to have it play Fortnite and other games that teenagers play.
I don't think she is fussed just wants a functional semi-decent gaming PC that can stuff like that at maybe 1080p low-med settings.

I was thinking of GTX 750 ti models that don't need a PSU power connector around the 75W as I don't trust the PSU very much.

Can you think of any other cards that you know can be driven well by the APU?

Thanks

Solution
So you're saying a A10-7800 will drive a 1650 or 1050 without bottlenecks?
I haven't found any conclusive tests on youtube from benchmarks as I don't think it's a popular CPU.
Interesting though!

It'll do ok with them yes.
That cpu is fairly weak by todays standards, it can game at reduced fps.

It can drive any gpu upto a point.

The difference performance wise between 750ti/1050/1650 is going to be pretty much running at low/medium/high at the same fps.
Best GPU (without external power) to pair with A10-7800 AMD CPU to avoid bottlenecks?

A friend asked me to have a look at an old battered PC that his daughter has. It's one of those 'gaming PCs' with a A10-7800 APU on it.
It's got a 300W 80+ Bronze PSU of a non-recognisable brand and she wanted to have it play Fortnite and other games that teenagers play.
I don't think she is fussed just wants a functional semi-decent gaming PC that can stuff like that at maybe 1080p low-med settings.

I was thinking of GTX 750 ti models that don't need a PSU power connector around the 75W as I don't trust the PSU very much.

Can you think of any other cards that you know can be driven well by the APU?

Thanks

It depends on your location and budget and whther youd buy second hand or not.

The 750ti is certainly better than the integrated graphics, a 1050 is slightly better, a 1650 is better still.

There are a few 1650's that are bus powered, I do think theyre overpriced for what they are but for a gpu that doesnt require external power they're the best you can get.

mossi

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013
It depends on your location and budget and whther youd buy second hand or not.

The 750ti is certainly better than the integrated graphics, a 1050 is slightly better, a 1650 is better still.

There are a few 1650's that are bus powered, I do think theyre overpriced for what they are but for a gpu that doesnt require external power they're the best you can get.

I haven't found any conclusive tests on youtube from benchmarks as I don't think it's a popular CPU.
Interesting though!

Interesting though!

It'll do ok with them yes.
That cpu is fairly weak by todays standards, it can game at reduced fps.

It can drive any gpu upto a point.

The difference performance wise between 750ti/1050/1650 is going to be pretty much running at low/medium/high at the same fps.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS