Best grafic cards in i5-650

mandrazzz

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015
Hi,

I have 3-4 years old hesktop pc with first generation i5-650, 240 Gb SSD, 8Gb Ram and Windows 7. Just yesterday my Geforce GTX 460 1GB GDDR5 has broken down and I'm thinking to replace it with better Video card, but I doubt that inserting too powerful video card it wont be used efficiently?

I'm thinking about GTX 750 Ti, GTX 950 or even GTX 960 (In consideration that after 2 years or so I'll buy new pc and I can use this video card there), what would be your recommendations?

I got 620 Power supply and PCIe x 16 connector in my Motherboard, is this mean I can not use any video cards which requires PCI express 3.0? Like 750 Ti, 950 or 960?

Solution
Go for the GTX 960. Ok sometimes your CPU might struggle to keep up with the card and other times it should be fine.....there is a lot of difference between games as to whether they are CPU or GPU demanding. By getting a better GPU it will take full advantage of those games that are more GPU intense and give you a much better experience then a less powerful GPU.
Go for the GTX 960. Ok sometimes your CPU might struggle to keep up with the card and other times it should be fine.....there is a lot of difference between games as to whether they are CPU or GPU demanding. By getting a better GPU it will take full advantage of those games that are more GPU intense and give you a much better experience then a less powerful GPU.

Solution