Best graphic card for core 2 duo e7400 2.8ghz.

satender_yaadav

Prominent
May 27, 2017
Hello people,
I have an 7 year old intel core 2 duo e7400 2.8ghz on intel dg31pr motherboard and 2 gb ddr2 ram. What do you think which would be the best graphic card for this pc. I want to Use it for moderate games and other stuff. Because it dont have any graphic card right now so it isn't running any of my games. (nfsmw5,12,cod and some other games). I searched about it on internet whole day but I can't found anything useful. Can anyone suggest a budget graphic card foe this pc?
I can also add 2 gb of ram to it to increase performance.
From india.

Solution
I would buy a used card. I would not want to risk buying a new card that doesn't work with the older system. Newer games require more CPU than that computer has, so a videocard won't make those games playable. And yes, 4gb ram should be considered the minimum for gaming.

So then, I suggest a card like an AMD HD 7750/7770 or Nvidia GTX 650 Ti, whichever your power supply can handle. These cards typically come with 1gb or more of DDR5 memory and a 128 bit memory bus. If you can run a game with that e7400, these cards can handle that game. If a game needs more videocard power than these cards have, it'll need more CPU power than you have, so it doesn't really matter.
I would buy a used card. I would not want to risk buying a new card that doesn't work with the older system. Newer games require more CPU than that computer has, so a videocard won't make those games playable. And yes, 4gb ram should be considered the minimum for gaming.

So then, I suggest a card like an AMD HD 7750/7770 or Nvidia GTX 650 Ti, whichever your power supply can handle. These cards typically come with 1gb or more of DDR5 memory and a 128 bit memory bus. If you can run a game with that e7400, these cards can handle that game. If a game needs more videocard power than these cards have, it'll need more CPU power than you have, so it doesn't really matter.

Solution

satender_yaadav

Prominent
May 27, 2017