Best Graphic Card For Core i5 520m Laptop Processor

Apr 25, 2018
I have a laptop Dell latitude e6510 i am thinking to put a graphic card on it through a EXP GDC a device which can install a desktop size graphic card in laptop.. i need a graphic which doesn't cost that much and also doesn't bottleneck. BTW i have 4 gb ddr3 ram

Solution

Are you aware that you connect the EXP GDC device to an internal Mini PCI-E port?. You will have to leave the bottom cover open, unless you make a hole somewhere to route the cable.
At work they provide us with Latitude laptops, and I am very familiar with your laptop, which I got almost 8 years ago.
I think a GeForce GT 740 will do, anything above that will go to waste.

Are you aware that you connect the EXP GDC device to an internal Mini PCI-E port?. You will have to leave the bottom cover open, unless you make a hole somewhere to route the cable.
At work they provide us with Latitude laptops, and I am very familiar with your laptop, which I got almost 8 years ago.
I think a GeForce GT 740 will do, anything above that will go to waste.

Solution

jr9

Estimable
The term bottleneck doesn't have much meaning when you are talking about a Core i5/i7 1st gen laptop with 4GB of RAM.

It's hard to make a GPU recommendation as you haven't given us neither a budget nor what you are trying to do or play with this new graphics card. If I was told I had to turn this into a laptop that could play light current games I would get the EXP GDC, and RX 460 or GTX 1050 or GT 1030 (cheapest), an SSD if it doesn't have one, and a 2x4GB RAM kit. The bottleneck wouldn't be that bad for the GPU. The CPU is your limiting factor in all cases.

Or save yourself the trouble and get a new laptop.