Best Graphics Card Fan Control Software?

moogleslam

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
So I finally realized that Catalyst Control Center just doesn't have any automated fan control despite a check box for manual control (doesn't that mean auto if you don't check it? - apparently not).

So what are my options for some easy to use software that automatically controls my fan to their speed scales with temps?

I have a HD6950 - It's a Sapphire if that makes any difference, though I am yet to try out whatever Sapphire software comes with the card.

I've heard of Afterburner, Rivatuner, and SmartDoctor. Which one is best, or is there another one I should consider?

Bartq

Honorable
May 17, 2013
im not happy with msi afterburner because it controls both fans on both cards as one, so is not independent fan control

Ruben Duarte

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013
Well i have a problem with my card, the fan is at 100% like shown in speedfan 449 and the temp. is between 50-55º, the pc crash's (or freeze) when i start playing, anyone have a solution for me. I have a dual-coe CPU but my card is an old nVidia 6500. I can't play in the summer, i had burn a pc with the same problem of the heat, but i think that was the CPU and not the GPU.

Well thanks, say something

Intratech

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013

You probably want to take the fan/heatsink off the GPU and re-apply some thermal paste. Over years of usage it may dry out or get hard, plus the paste the manufacture supply sometime is not the best. Good luck