Best Graphics Card For $400

Justin Hunter

Honorable
Oct 16, 2014
I was planning to get the EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0 accompanied by the i5-4690k. Is there any other graphics card that performs better then The EVGA GeForce GTX 970?

Solution
cant speak for the other cards, but my gigabyte windforce is great. while the fans never turn off when idle like some of the other models, this doesn't pose any problem for my case, i can't ever hear it unless i put my ear up to the case. i have mine overclocked to 1526 MHz on the core (actually had it higher, but backed it down a bit) and 8002 MHz mem. i can (and have) run benchmarks for hours, while tweaking and still never hit 75C. and the one i have is actually the lower model, not the g1 gaming

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
they are all good choices really :) difference is what features do you want? is it worth almost $100 to go from the basic 970 to the top of the line one? i usually end up in the middle myself. i like the evga superclocked model you asked about first if you want to save the money over the ftw edition. usually around $340 or so. good performance at a good price over the more expensive ones that offer only small increases.

TofuLion

Admirable
cant speak for the other cards, but my gigabyte windforce is great. while the fans never turn off when idle like some of the other models, this doesn't pose any problem for my case, i can't ever hear it unless i put my ear up to the case. i have mine overclocked to 1526 MHz on the core (actually had it higher, but backed it down a bit) and 8002 MHz mem. i can (and have) run benchmarks for hours, while tweaking and still never hit 75C. and the one i have is actually the lower model, not the g1 gaming

Solution

ylpkm

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015
Good choice, the 970 can still run some games at 4k max (tf2, warframe) at 60fps, BL2 and Crysis 3 have some drops in high/medium settings. (i too have the gigabyte g1 970)