[SOLVED] Best Graphics Card for a i5 9400f processor

Dec 15, 2020
Hello, good day. I'm not an expert regarding computer stuff but i want to upgrade my graphics card from a 1050ti 4gb to a graphics card that can play at least DOOM Eternal, Monster Hunter and other hi-end games with hi fps & graphics, any suggestions? thanks!

MY SPECS:
MOBO: Asus TUF B-365 Plus
CPU: i5-9400f
PSU: Coolermaster 500w
RAM: 16gb

Solution
Honestly you might not even need a new power supply if you are going with the 3060ti. Your power consumption will be around 400W with the 3060ti under load (according to the outer vision PSU calculator.)which is far under your PSU's limit. You would need to upgrade PSU if you wanted to pop a 3080 in there though.

Is there actually a good Cooler Master PSU at 500W? If this is one of the majority of Cooler Master's low-wattage series, which tend to range from mediocre to abysmal, I'd replace it for any discrete GPU which I acquired with money.
Dec 15, 2020
In which case you are really just limited by how much you want to spend and what you can find in stock. I’d look at the 3060Ti or 3080. The 3070 is not worth the extra cost over the 3060Ti as it offers very little extra performance.

Edit: agree you need a psu upgrade
3060 it is, thank you! so i don't have to upgrade my motherboard and CPU just to get a 30 series GPU? just the PSU only?

SteelStruck

Prominent
Jul 31, 2020
3060 it is, thank you! so i don't have to upgrade my motherboard and CPU just to get a 30 series GPU? just the PSU only?
Honestly you might not even need a new power supply if you are going with the 3060ti. Your power consumption will be around 400W with the 3060ti under load (according to the outer vision PSU calculator.)which is far under your PSU's limit. You would need to upgrade PSU if you wanted to pop a 3080 in there though.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Is there actually a good Cooler Master PSU at 500W? If this is one of the majority of Cooler Master's low-wattage series, which tend to range from mediocre to abysmal, I'd replace it for any discrete GPU which I acquired with money.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS