Best Graphics Card for a Multi Media/ Gaming Rig.

indulgeintech

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
I'm looking to edit 1080p or higher video with ease. Still be able to game at decent fps. I will be going off to college so I also need some upgradability and "future-proofing" as I can't get a new PC for about 4 years.

Programs I will be running: Adobe Suite,Reason, Ableton, Vegas Pro,

I know cuda helps in some video editing software but the r9 280x offers greater Vram that may be beneficial and it seems to have greater raw power.

Or Should I ditch the 4470k for a 4570k over-clock it a good amount and purchase a 770 or r9 290x.

Also NEED A GOOD SOUND CARD UNDER $150.

Build Components
1) CPU: Intel 4770k
2) Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4 GB DDR3-1600 Memory X 4
2) Cooler: H110
3) Storage:Kingston Hyperx 3k 120 GB SSD 2XSeagate Barracuda HDD
4) Psu:EVGA SuperNOVA 650W
5) Mobo:Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
6) Graphics Card: MSI Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card or EVGA 760 2GB super clocked.

Solution
Maybe more ram?
If you want to use the computer for the coming for years and don't upgrade it. I suggest you get more ram. 8gb mb ram is enough.
You really don't need to upgrade your processor. It's a really good processor. The R9 280X is a really good graphics card. But for the same amount of money you can buy a R7970 which is almost the same as the R9 280X, just take the cheapest one, there isn't much difference between those two, so buy which one is cheapest.

Gandalf Hitler

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
Maybe more ram?
If you want to use the computer for the coming for years and don't upgrade it. I suggest you get more ram. 8gb mb ram is enough.
You really don't need to upgrade your processor. It's a really good processor. The R9 280X is a really good graphics card. But for the same amount of money you can buy a R7970 which is almost the same as the R9 280X, just take the cheapest one, there isn't much difference between those two, so buy which one is cheapest.

Solution