Best Graphics Card for Dell Optiplex 3010 sff?

skrattar357

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
I'm trying to transform my dell optiplex 3010 sff into a decent gaming rig. Ive done a fair amount of research and Ive decided to transfer the guts into a bigger case (an eMachines T3612 case). I basically just need help in picking a GPU that is compatible with my motherboard (and maybe a PSU that will fit in the case, but I'm not too worried about that).

Solution
Hm

That sounds like a lot of headache job, moving proprietary Dell motherboard with proprietary connectors (and possibly proprietary motherboard screw locations) to another proprietary case. Have you thought about front panel connectors, or connecting USB 3.0 (Dell) to USB 2.0 (I hope, if not 1.0, since this model is from 2007), I don't know if you can connect USB 3.0 to USB 2.0, I doubt.

On the other side, you can upgrade your original configuration to GTX 1050 TI low profile, and you will need low profile brackets.
One card is advertised with brackets - ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. Your power supply of 240 watt will support it. Or you can look through reviews of all those cards, sometimes manufacturer doesn't advertise the...
Hm

That sounds like a lot of headache job, moving proprietary Dell motherboard with proprietary connectors (and possibly proprietary motherboard screw locations) to another proprietary case. Have you thought about front panel connectors, or connecting USB 3.0 (Dell) to USB 2.0 (I hope, if not 1.0, since this model is from 2007), I don't know if you can connect USB 3.0 to USB 2.0, I doubt.

On the other side, you can upgrade your original configuration to GTX 1050 TI low profile, and you will need low profile brackets.
One card is advertised with brackets - ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. Your power supply of 240 watt will support it. Or you can look through reviews of all those cards, sometimes manufacturer doesn't advertise the presence of low profile brackets, so you might have more choices.
From my memory, dealing with small wattage power supply in Dells, I seen plenty conformations about 220 watt PSU supporting 75 watt cards in the past.

Is GTX 1050TI enough for you?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS