Question Best Graphics card for limited case space and power supply (Acer Aspire T ATC-710-UR61)

Blink_Toms

Honorable
Feb 11, 2017
Okay, it's a cheap PC, but I'm hoping to get the most graphics performance out of it.

Currently using a GeForce GTX 745. I only have a 300W power supply, and the full-height, two-bay graphics cards are just a no. There are more powerful PSs out there, but I'm scared to replace the one I have (a little more involved than just getting a new graphics card).

This is mostly for gaming, and older games, at that. Everquest II. Original Bioshock. 15+ year old games. Both play acceptably well at lower performance settings, but I'd really like to experience them at max settings.

I used to be a hardware wiz back in the '90s, but things have changed so much that I'm not sure I even know what questions to ask.

Thanks for any ideas.

Endre

Reputable
Okay, it's a cheap PC, but I'm hoping to get the most graphics performance out of it.

Currently using a GeForce GTX 745. I only have a 300W power supply, and the full-height, two-bay graphics cards are just a no. There are more powerful PSs out there, but I'm scared to replace the one I have (a little more involved than just getting a new graphics card).

This is mostly for gaming, and older games, at that. Everquest II. Original Bioshock. 15+ year old games. Both play acceptably well at lower performance settings, but I'd really like to experience them at max settings.

I used to be a hardware wiz back in the '90s, but things have changed so much that I'm not sure I even know what questions to ask.

Thanks for any ideas.
nVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti is a "safe" option.
The version of the card that I have (Asus Cerberus 4GB) has no additive cables, just the power that it receives from the PCIe slot.
PS: Used is pretty cheap too.

Reactions: Blink_Toms

Endre

Reputable
That works with a 300W power supply?
Yes.
The technical specs of the video card recommends a 300W PSU.