Question Best Graphics Card for my Gigabyte motherboard ?

Brandon Umali

Reputable
Oct 13, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Good Day! Thank you for checking this question out.

As the title says, what's the best graphics card for my 8 years old GA-F2A78M-HD2 motherboard ?

I've been using an APU (AMD A8 - 7600) for so long and now I've decided to use a dedicated graphics card, can you give me an idea on what's best for my current system?

Motherboard: GA-F2A78M-HD2
Processor: AMD A8-7600 Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G
RAM: 16GB Hyper X 1866 Mhz
HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda
Monitor Reso: 1920x1080
Power Supply: Generic ( also looking for advise on this one once I've chosen the best graphics card for my motherboard)

Last edited:

KyaraM

Admirable
Sorry, I don't quite understand what you just said. What do you mean?
With that CPU, a better GPU than a 1030 makes no sense since the CPU is woefully underpowered and won't be able to take advantage of anything better. You will need a bit more than just a better GPU, for other reasons as well. The question, however, is. What exactly do you want to do with your system?

Brandon Umali

Reputable
Oct 13, 2019
With that CPU, a better GPU than a 1030 makes no sense since the CPU is woefully underpowered and won't be able to take advantage of anything better. You will need a bit more than just a better GPU, for other reasons as well. The question, however, is. What exactly do you want to do with your system?
I see, I just wanna use this old PC of mine to play some games like DOTA 2, CS GO, NBA 2K and WAR TALES in max settings if it's still possible just by upgrading it aside from doing some Microsoft office stuffs.