Question Best Graphics card(s) for 4 monitor office setup? 2ea PCI-16

Mar 10, 2020
Hello,

I have a Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Motherboard with 2x PCI Express X16 2.0 slots. intel i7-2600 @3.4GHZ Sandy Bridge. 16GB DDR3 Ram. Currently running a 1GB ATI Radeon HD 4600 series and 1GB NVIDIA Quadro 600. This is a workstation with 4 monitors. 3ea HP Pavilion 23CW & 1 LED 40" TV

The software we're moving to recommends a minimum 2GB NVIDIA Card to function, mind you it is functioning with my current setup but lags, crashes etc by times. and my thoughts are if i'm going to upgrade one card i should upgrade both to cards that compliment each other? Probably shouldn't have one Raedon card with a NVIDIA card? Doesn't have to be super fancy there will be no gaming done on this PC, strictly a workstation. I currently have 2ea displayport to HDMI & 2ea DVI to HDMI adapters and would prefer to maintain the 1080P all 4 monitors support.

Any cost effective recommendations?

Thanks in Advance!!

what software are you running ? Do you have to have both amd and nvidia cards? Any newer cards will run 3 if not 4 monitors.

I run CAD software on my computer, NX12, Solidworks 2014, and Fusion 360 with 4 monitors on a GTX 780Ti.

Even if your only needing a quadro card a P2000 for $422 will run 4 monitors with 4 DP outs on the card, you will just need to get adapter cables or dongles.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2020
what software are you running ? Do you have to have both amd and nvidia cards? Any newer cards will run 3 if not 4 monitors.

I run CAD software on my computer, NX12, Solidworks 2014, and Fusion 360 with 4 monitors on a GTX 780Ti.

Even if your only needing a quadro card a P2000 for $466 will run 4 monitors, you will just need to get adapter cables or dongles.

It's a proprietary 3D modeling software called Tradesmen's Master Estimator. I would assume with some knowledge and works with CAD that this program is probably less demanding. I dont need both AMD and NVIDIA, the program developers spec call for a NVIDIA 2GB as a minimum.

at $466 for one card, am i not better off financially using two equal cards? Trying to keep the upgrade as close to $200 CDN as possbile.