[SOLVED] Best GTX 1080ti blower/reference card?

thunder0024

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2013
I'm looking to upgrade to a GTX 1080ti from crossfire r9 290Xs, and I'm looking for the best bang for my buck. As of now, blower cards and Founders Edition cards seem to have the cheapest prices. I'm not looking to do any major overclocking, if at all. What is the best out of the box 1080ti with a blower fan? If you have any other suggestions outside of blowers, please feel free to let me know. Also on the cheaper side of things is the MSI Armor OC Edition, but I've heard mixed things.

Note: I've been using two reference r9 290Xs for the past five years, so heat isn't a big issue as long as the card can sustain itself. Thanks!

Solution

The answer is, none. None of the blower cards are any good, they will all run very hot and loud...

alkatraz333.jh

Commendable
Jan 14, 2018

The answer is, none. None of the blower cards are any good, they will all run very hot and loud, and you will get no overclocking headroom for any boost of performance past stock speeds. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT get a blower style card.....but if you must, go for the FE edition cards. Theres a reason they are so cheap. No one wants to buy them.

Solution