[SOLVED] best half sized mini pcie wifi card for laptops?

Lil’bertz

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2014
im planning to upgrade my laptop (asus s550ca). i found out that it's a mini pcie card. i want to know what is the best ac wifi card can i buy to upgrade it.

Solution
All the more well known brands will be very similar. The radio chipset are only made by a couple of vendors so there is not much difference between vendors that use the same parts.

Just be sure to get the correct physical size there are at least 2 and make sure the buss connectors are the same you will find some that are different.

Next you need to be sure you have the proper number of antenna. This is one of those things you can't really upgrade since it tends to be impossible to add antenna. You can't for example put a 3 antenna card in a machine that only has 2 antenna.

Last you need to see if you need bluetooth or not. Not all wifi cards have bluetooth.

If your laptop is new enough see what the vendor recommends for...
All the more well known brands will be very similar. The radio chipset are only made by a couple of vendors so there is not much difference between vendors that use the same parts.

Just be sure to get the correct physical size there are at least 2 and make sure the buss connectors are the same you will find some that are different.

Next you need to be sure you have the proper number of antenna. This is one of those things you can't really upgrade since it tends to be impossible to add antenna. You can't for example put a 3 antenna card in a machine that only has 2 antenna.

Last you need to see if you need bluetooth or not. Not all wifi cards have bluetooth.

If your laptop is new enough see what the vendor recommends for a 802.11ac card. Asus generally have quality devices but also more expensive.

Solution