Best HD setup for High Definition Video encoding >>????

Best HD setup for High Definition Video encoding >>????

I asume some sort of raid. Dont want to go overboard just want to use
the 2 drives and maybe 80 gigs each. 2 7200 Sata 2 drives would be
nice.

What sort of encrease in encoding speed should i expect if any. iam
going to add an Amd X2 3800 dual core cpu in as well.

Thanks.

/ps Maybe Dual Raided Raptors would be better. If i set them up would
they need to be the primary drives on the system or could they be used
as a raid as the secondary drives. And have a single drive for OS for
saftey. And would i still egt the raid speed ect ???

Thanks.

Assuming your intention is to reduce the total encoding time, my first
thought is that with current processor speeds, your bottleneck is going
to be the processor, not the disk. Encoding being the CPU intensive
task that it is, even the slowest disk configuration is able to cope
with the relatively slow flow of data coming from the processor.

---
No question is difficult if you know the answer.