Best Headphone + Sound Card Setup?

InfamousMango

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
Budget is $300 max

So, I play a lot of competitive games on Counter Strike: Global Offensive and audio is an extremely important part of that game, and you would know if you play it. So I have a pair of $50 sennheiser (not USB) head phones and am using a cheap-o motherboard (MSI 970A G43, I got it for around $40 and I want to know what I can get to deliver audio positioning and accuracy, I want to really hear were in the map the enemy is shooting and I want to hear a footstep's precise location. I don't care about bass, I just want clarity, accuracy, and good audio location.

kittle

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
Sennheiser is good brand IMO - and there are others that do as good or better (usually for more $$)

But for headphones, you will want to get some that are "over ear" namely that they cover your entire ear and seal well to block out any external sounds.

However - if you wear glasses like I do, then over hear wont seal and you will want 'on ear' or 'in ear' (I personally hate the in-ear stuff, but others love them).

Go over to 'head-fi.org' and look for those that are praised for accuracy, and try to find something that doesnt require an external amp. they have headphones from $20 up to several thousand, so you should find something you can use.

For a sound card -- Hopefully someone else can offer up a recommendation.