Best Headphones for gaming/music? Under 100$

NeonShadow

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016
So yeah i know know stay away from gaming headsets surround sound bs.. no more razer/steel series etc.. product. im going for the real cans but my knowledge for the real cans are limited. They are hard to find in my country. I want headset that has a very good sound quality but doesn't lack sound stage either because i will mainly use it for gaming. And sometimes i play guitar so im into music too (metal core) im not a bass head but i dont like lossing a lot of bass either (just a decent bass) and the most important feature i need is i dont want to hear my surroundings while gaming because i have jet engine sound pc if fans are at max speed. My budget is around 100$ but if i you can recommend a much much better for additional cash then probably ill go for it. I've been researching a little. one of the most mentioned is the audio technica ath-m40x or been reading on hd598 and ath-ad700x so far this are the headsets I've been looking into. Is there something better than i mentioned for the same price? and also im willing to buy a soundcard if its really needed..

CameronT

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015
I went for a super cheap option and im really happy with them.
I have Plantronics Audio 355.
Its a super cheap headset (around $20) and they work great. the sound quality is amazing for the price, and im told that the mic quality is really good as well.
The cushions are kind of firm, and the cups are kind of small, so they don't fit certain people, but i have no problem with them.