Best headset for games like CS:GO

Jariic

Commendable
Sep 10, 2016
Looking for a headset without a microphone with good audio so I can hear enemies unlike right now where they sound like they are coming from a different angle.
Budget ~£90

Solution
without a microphone, so just headphones? I am currently using the Samson SR850, it is semi-open back and the wider sound stage gives more depth to vsurround IMO. Combined with the Sound Blaster PLAY! 3 with SBX surround it's a bit better than the other vsurround methods. I am using it with the Zalman Zm-mic1 and it works ok. I have also noticed the mic does sound better with the USB sound card for some reason over the on-board realtek, there is less noise.

However, it could be you could be suffering from the L and R channels being swapped (so L sounds come from the R side and vise-versa) it seems to be common on CS:GO for some reason (just search for "CS:GO reversed sound"), and even happens mid-game! A lot of...
without a microphone, so just headphones? I am currently using the Samson SR850, it is semi-open back and the wider sound stage gives more depth to vsurround IMO. Combined with the Sound Blaster PLAY! 3 with SBX surround it's a bit better than the other vsurround methods. I am using it with the Zalman Zm-mic1 and it works ok. I have also noticed the mic does sound better with the USB sound card for some reason over the on-board realtek, there is less noise.

However, it could be you could be suffering from the L and R channels being swapped (so L sounds come from the R side and vise-versa) it seems to be common on CS:GO for some reason (just search for "CS:GO reversed sound"), and even happens mid-game! A lot of users just reverse their headphones but on headset with boom mics not really optimal for chat... At least with the Zalman ZM-Mic1 it's easy to wear backwards to fix. Very odd problem!

Solution