Best headset for the LG VX4500?

Greetings,

I am in the market for a headset for my LG VX 4500 phone and would
like some suggestions. The two best headsets currently offered by
Verizon Wireless are the Plantronics MX150VR and the Jabra Earwave.

I appreciate you sharing your suggestions and/or personal experiences.

Thanks,
Jim

louise

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2003

In article <smrjd0d84jaquco2l3i2njpbof16gvuooi@4ax.com>,
headset@question.com says...

> Greetings,
>
> I am in the market for a headset for my LG VX 4500 phone and would
> like some suggestions. The two best headsets currently offered by
> Verizon Wireless are the Plantronics MX150VR and the Jabra Earwave.
>
> I appreciate you sharing your suggestions and/or personal experiences.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

Take a look at Chameleon: http://www.chameleon-headsets.com/cell-
mobile_phone_headsets.html

It is extremely comfortable and has a very good earpiece and an
extremely noise cancelling and clear microphone.

I also use one of their headsets on my home/cordless phone with equal
success.

Louise

speedlever

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2004

Crazy Diamond <crazyD@yourdomain.com> wrote in news:1nFDc.6599$tD5.4350
@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com:

> or ...
> Jabra universal headset with on/off button
> picked one up from radioshack for $21 for my own vx4500
> u dont have to open the phone to answer, just use the on/off button
> works like a charm

I think I'll take a look at that one. The headsets available at Verizon do
not have the on/off button. The Belkin that I got fits so loosely that it
doesn't work well for me. I'm gonna take it back to BB.

Then again, if you're using driving mode, you don't even need the button to
answer the phone. So what purpose does the button serve?

speedlever

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2004

Louise <none@nospam.com> wrote in news:MPG.1b43c5cb1d3ce60f9896b2@news-
server.nyc.rr.com:

> http://www.chameleon-headsets.com/cell-
> mobile_phone_headsets.html

Louise,

Those headsets are priceless! (so how much are they?)

speedlever wrote:

> Then again, if you're using driving mode, you don't even need the button to
> answer the phone. So what purpose does the button serve?

My wife uses it because she likes the fact that she doesn't have to
open the phone to answer and can still keep the conversation semi-private
when around people.

She can answers and hangup the phone while it's still in the holder.

When driving we both use the speaker phone, a lot more convenient.

btw,. the on/off button acts as the redial button as well ...

> My wife uses it because she likes the fact that she doesn't have to
> open the phone to answer and can still keep the conversation
> semi-private when around people.
>
> She can answers and hangup the phone while it's still in the holder.
>
> When driving we both use the speaker phone, a lot more convenient.
>
> btw,. the on/off button acts as the redial button as well ...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in driving mode with the flip closed and if
you have the headset on, you just respond to the voice prompt to answer
the phone. The conversation is not on the speakerphone and when the
other party hangs up, the 4500 hangs up as well.

In my brief trial with the 4500, I only found the on/off button to
initiate a redial of the last number called.

What else will the on/off button do?

If that is it, I don't see any real advantage to having the on/off
button.

What am I missing?

You're right about the driving mode.
Except that the on/off button will allow the phone to be
in normal mode and the user has the option of answering
the call without any loud prompt or having to flip the
phone open ... in my wife's case, she doesnt have the
headset in her ear all the time, just connected and clipped
to her coat, when the phone buzzes, she looks at the lcd
screen to see who's calling ... puts the earpice in, and
use the on/off button ...

speedlever <speedlever@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<Xns9517D6E94D30Frradfordtriadrrcom@24.25.9.42>...

> In my brief trial with the 4500, I only found the on/off button to
> initiate a redial of the last number called.
>
> What else will the on/off button do?
>
> If that is it, I don't see any real advantage to having the on/off
> button.
>
> What am I missing?

I have the Jabra Ear boom with the on/off button. Works well for a
single ear headset. Many cheaper ones are a loose fit on the ear, and
dangle about, but this one has a wire inside the ear pieces so it can
be snugged up. Not as secure as an over the head design, but
acceptable.
The noise cancelling mic and earpiece speaker are better quality.

Apparently, what your missing is a feature not supported by the
LG4500, which is found in some other handsets. By just pressing the
on/off button, a voicedial call can be initiated, as well as ended.
Not having to touch a phone's keypad or open it up to begin and end
calls, makes an on/off switch highly desirable.

Besides an on/off button, a volume control (if one is offered?) may be
another useful feature.

-
David

louise

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2003

In article <Xns95173B06E4895rradfordtriadrrcom@24.25.9.43>,
speedlever@yahoo.com says...
> Louise <none@nospam.com> wrote in news:MPG.1b43c5cb1d3ce60f9896b2@news-
> server.nyc.rr.com:
>
> > http://www.chameleon-headsets.com/cell-
> > mobile_phone_headsets.html
>
> Louise,
>
> Those headsets are priceless! (so how much are they?)

They're around $15. I found another link, where I actually purchased it
- prices are listed.

http://www.emicrophones.com/microphones/product_detail.asp?subcatID=10

Enjoy.

Louise