[SOLVED] Best headsets for 100€?

AdictedGeek

Reputable
Jan 3, 2020
Solution
For both music and gaming, I would go with the Cooler Master MH 751, for under $100 there is not too much you can find better than that at not coloring the music too much. The HyperX Clouds and Alpha sound good, but I agree with above that the bass is a bit less clear. Another BUT with those, there is some music that I like the HyperX Alphas better with than other more even headphones, music has more detail with things like the Cooler Master or the Phillips SHP9500 (all of those are some of the top in under $100 or even $200 range) but stuff like RAP, hip hop, some heavier stuff that is not mixed as nicely can be more fun to listen to on the Alphas. If you listen to good recordings or classic music or more "airy" type music, I'd get...

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Revolver "Open Back"
-Good Treble
-Slightly Bass-heavy in the upper ranges
-The midrange has a slight recessed but high mids are slightly pronounced. Mids are accurate and do not get muddy.
-Treble is average.
-SoundStage is good
- Open back so next to no noise isolation.

Cloud II "Closed Back"
-Incositance Treble... Treble is not great for music.
-Bass Slightly boomy in the upper bass ranges but overall good.
-Mids can get muddy under the bass but generally, the rest is good.
-Sound Stage is poor

The Revolver is better overall than the Alphas and Cloud II if music is also a priority and you're in a relatively quite room.

For both music and gaming, I would go with the Cooler Master MH 751, for under $100 there is not too much you can find better than that at not coloring the music too much. The HyperX Clouds and Alpha sound good, but I agree with above that the bass is a bit less clear. Another BUT with those, there is some music that I like the HyperX Alphas better with than other more even headphones, music has more detail with things like the Cooler Master or the Phillips SHP9500 (all of those are some of the top in under $100 or even $200 range) but stuff like RAP, hip hop, some heavier stuff that is not mixed as nicely can be more fun to listen to on the Alphas. If you listen to good recordings or classic music or more "airy" type music, I'd get the CM MH751 for closed back with less noise bleed or Phillips SHP9500 for open back option.

Solution

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
If you don't mind Wireless you can find Refurb version of Aiwa Arc-1 Bluetooth for right around 71€, they offer a fantastic sound that so far I found to be superior to any headset I have tried. The only downside is a 20 hour battery so that would mean you would have to charge every 2-3 days. Because I use normally two PCs at a time or travel frequently freedom of movement was a key.

Aiwa ARC-1 Bluetooth Headphone Head-Fi review

Until I got those a few days ago I was using a Tribit XFree Tune in its place, the sound was good enough and the latency was next to nothing couple with a 44 hour battery life and a usable mic all for 40€.