Best Help Forum!

RiversideRepeat

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017
This isn't a problem. I just want to compliment the entire team at tom's Hardware. For years, off and on I have looked for solutions on the Internet to various perplexing problems. Often I would run into snarky, dismissive replies, or replies that offer only half the steps required to solve a problem. For years it seemed as though almost no matter where I went was populated with people who never got their heads out of their screens, code books and/or hardware. People skills were not easy to find and patience was even harder to find.

Not sure how long ago I ran into this site, but time and again over the past few years I've run into this site during searches for what ailed my pc's.

Every time I've come here looking for advice and assistance I have felt welcome and helped. Never alienated.

Thank you folks for creating what I feel is one of the top five go to sites for ANY computer related issue. Probably even number one.

Keep up the great work!

Your commendation is noted by the moderation team, and appreciated, however, there are also a great many members here, some that have been around since back in 2003-2009, that are just as deserving if not more so. We do have a pretty outstanding moderation team but without the core and satellite group of members who contribute here, the moderation team would be hard pressed to cover enough ground by itself to make much of a dent in the sheer numbers and difficulty of problems we are asked about on a regular basis.

It is certainly nice to hear, at least once in a while, that what everybody here as a community is doing is appreciated though. We would be fortunate to have more such members as yourself that understand these things don't happen on their own.

The community staff also are deserving of some praise for their efforts. None of us could even be here without them doing what they do behind the scenes.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
it's nice to know the members are appreciated :)

i stumbled here many years ago looking for answers myself and hung around to help as i learned more and more. the sheer volume of questions asked is high but we have some very dedicated people who easily get involved in a hundred or more questions a day!!! when i had time i did the same but as my life's pace has increased, i tend to focus on the more obscure and odd problems as they peak my attention more these days.

RiversideRepeat

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017
Oh good grief. You all deserve the compliment. And that means every individual involved including you both. I don't have time to list every department or group. If you contribute (paid or not) the compliment is for YOU.

Just say "Thanks a lot," smile and keep doing what you're doing. :p

Actually, it's very likely this modesty that is why this place is as good as it is. ;)

Enjoy the pat on the back! :bounce::lol:

RiversideRepeat

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017
Well let me further confuse and befuddle you all by asking an actual question (sorry Darkbreeze):

How do I create a post that is not a question? (Because all I see is a button called "Ask the community" which creates a question.)

Never mind. Found it.