Best high-end monitor for gaming?

PaPies

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2014
I'll start off by saying I don't have an option to order from Amazon or similiar websites. Only local ones. I enjoy 144hz but I also wanna try for the first time, 21:9 ratio, but I don't know what monitor is good so if anyone can help me that would be great!

Setec has more options but check out Anhoch too!

http://setec.mk/index.php?route=product/category&path=10019_10031#category_id=10031&page=0&path=10019_10031&sort=p.price&order=ASC&limit=100&min_price=20000&max_price=80000

---------------

http://www.anhoch.com/category/3011/monitors#page/1/pricerange/19680-89980/stock/1/

I have no budget limit, but I also don't like TN due to colors, but I also know about monitor bleeding and so on for other panels.

Solution
4k 144hz is a bit of an odd child. The OP would likely need to sell his kidney to have anything that has a decent chance of driving even 100 FPS in 4k. Cool, but I think it's WAYYY too early to justify purchasing a monitor like that.

OP, as a personal user of the Acer Predator X34, I must notify you of a few things:
-The 21:9 format is great for movings and casual gaming. Do note that you will be black boxing most videos on youtube, but that's not that huge of a deal.
-I would not go for the ultrawide market if you're planning on doing any of the following: Competitive Gaming, Recording, Streaming, etc. due to the following reasons.
1. In order for your stream to look the best to your viewers, you'd have to stream with black bars on...

WildCard999

Titan
Look for a 34" 3440x1440P IPS or VA Panel with 100hz+ (they currently go up to 120hz) refresh rate. If you need 144hz then go with a 34" 2560x1080 IPS or VA panel, some models go up to 166hz.

(I can't check the sites you listed due to the PC I'm currently on).

PaPies

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2014

There are countless monitors on the sites I've provided, I don't know which one is good which one is bad, I've checked a few like the pg279q and the pg378q but both suffer from bleeding, and are on the most expensive side. I would get the 378 in 2 seconds if it had 144hz instead of 100

4k 144hz is a bit of an odd child. The OP would likely need to sell his kidney to have anything that has a decent chance of driving even 100 FPS in 4k. Cool, but I think it's WAYYY too early to justify purchasing a monitor like that.

OP, as a personal user of the Acer Predator X34, I must notify you of a few things:
-The 21:9 format is great for movings and casual gaming. Do note that you will be black boxing most videos on youtube, but that's not that huge of a deal.
-I would not go for the ultrawide market if you're planning on doing any of the following: Competitive Gaming, Recording, Streaming, etc. due to the following reasons.
1. In order for your stream to look the best to your viewers, you'd have to stream with black bars on either side of your screen. I play my best when the game takes up the entire screen, but if you're ok with that, then that's fine.

2. Ultrawides are indeed limited by refresh rate. Some of them indeed can OC to 120hz, but they are relatively new. 120hz is pretty OK for competitive gaming, but a lot of people swear by 144/165 like it's the Bible (I can't personally confirm or deny their claims).

TL;DR
If you're considering streaming/recording/competitive gaming, I would look elsewhere. The 21:9 form factor is amazing, but over time, I'm slowly beginning to regret not getting a 165hz 1440p panel.

As for my recommended panels for you:
That website is a bit hard to navigate, but if you can get the Acer Predator X34P, that would be my most recommended for 21:9. You're GOING to get backlight bleed with IPS. It's just one of the tradeoffs. Even my panel has some. Is it noticeable/impacts my experience with the panel? Not at all.

For 27 inches, I'd recommend the Acer Predator XB271HU bmiprz. It's significantly cheaper than the PG279Q, but I've heard Acer's better on the whole backlight bleed.

Solution