[SOLVED] best integrated graphic

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
hi guys,

my original plan was to get 11400 but having much thought, i have decided to get one with the best integrated graphics, someone on here suggested 11500 because it has more eu's so compared them 2 and it seems them has have same similar power but the 11500 has better graphics.

question is does anyone have any recommendation on a 11th gen cpu with the best graphics please?

i have had a good look around on the net and it seems ryzen does the best one but i much prefer intel though.

many thanks

Reactions: Why_Me
Solution
Unfortunately, the best you're gonna get in the desktop segment is the UHD 750.
Almost all of the 11th gen desktop CPUs offer this integrated GPU option. It's a shame that Intel hasn't yet brought a beefed up version of the mobile integrated Iris graphics to their desktop CPUs yet. It's coming but you'd have to wait at least another generation for that.
Almost all of the 11th gen desktop CPUs offer this integrated GPU option. It's a shame that Intel hasn't yet brought a beefed up version of the mobile integrated Iris graphics to their desktop CPUs yet. It's coming but you'd have to wait at least another generation for that.

Reactions: froggy8
Solution

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
11500 and up would have the Intel UHD Graphics 750
many thanks, getting it in few days . was tempted to do a build thread but not sure if it is permitted.

oh yeah, read up on that iris graphic, that is for laptop isnt it? was searching for that and it gave me strange names for cpus.

many thanks, getting it in few days . was tempted to do a build thread but not sure if it is permitted.

oh yeah, read up on that iris graphic, that is for laptop isnt it? was searching for that and it gave me strange names for cpus.
Currently, yes. It's only in the mobile segment.

Starting a build thread is fine. Just list what you think is a good build (in a new thread) and you'll get responses from users.

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
Currently, yes. It's only in the mobile segment.

Starting a build thread is fine. Just list what you think is a good build (in a new thread) and you'll get responses from users.
manythanks for that

i have already got the things ready to purchase on wednesday night.

cant wait, upgrading from 4th gen to 11th gen, should be fun.

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
ok guys, lets say i decided for ryzen, which would be te best one? just had a look on net and its coming up with ryzen 5 3400g. people are saying it is very good for an integrated graphics.

what are your thoughts please?

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
See here - https://www.pcmag.com/news/amds-new-ryzen-5000-g-series-will-come-with-an-integrated-gpu

The newest Ryzen CPUs with integrated GPUs have officially launched but availability is practically non-existent. If you want the best of the best, look for the Ryzen 7 5700G. You may be looking for a couple/few months before you can get one though.
thank you

so if i wanted to get a ryzen purely for the graphic then i would have to get a motherboard that is compatible.

hhmmmm decision decision

Any modern integrated graphics will do the job for desktop work and HD movie playback and youtube videos.
If, however, you are planning fast action gaming or high resolution monitors, then you will need a discrete graphics card.
They are hard to come by today, and even at 2x msrp.
Integrated will suffice as a waiting vehicle.
Pick the processor for the eventual use you will make of it.
Even a processor without integrated graphics can work if you buy a graphics card like the GT1030

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
Any modern integrated graphics will do the job for desktop work and HD movie playback and youtube videos.
If, however, you are planning fast action gaming or high resolution monitors, then you will need a discrete graphics card.
They are hard to come by today, and even at 2x msrp.
Integrated will suffice as a waiting vehicle.
Pick the processor for the eventual use you will make of it.
Even a processor without integrated graphics can work if you buy a graphics card like the GT1030
thank you for that

i was actually thinking about building an amd pc because the igpu is meant to be very good but having a look around, its quite different to an intel pc.

i am just going to do an intel for simplicity.