Best Intel Core for Gaming? No Overclocking

AndrewDafuqq

Reputable
Feb 9, 2015
Hey,
I'm looking for a good Intel Core for gaming, I was originally thinking the i5-4690K but I won't be overclocking so what's something as good as that but no overclocking. Also I want a Intel Core that runs high fps on high video settings in games like CSGO. Is the i5-4690 and the stock cooler good and meet the requirements I want?

Reply ASAP, thanks!

Solution
i5 4690 with the stock cooler will be totally fine and do CSGO without any problems.
It's only a tiny bit slower than the K-version and since you dont want to OC the non-K version is totally fine and without any OC you dont need an aftermarket cooler.

4690 is a great choice if you dont want to OC for gaming. :)

migronesien

Honorable
i5 4690 with the stock cooler will be totally fine and do CSGO without any problems.
It's only a tiny bit slower than the K-version and since you dont want to OC the non-K version is totally fine and without any OC you dont need an aftermarket cooler.

4690 is a great choice if you dont want to OC for gaming. :)

Solution
The 4690 is the fastest i5. CS:GO uses only one core, I think, so the 3.9Ghz Turbo Boost comes into play. The 4690K is higher binned than the 4690, and the price is close, so I would be tempted to go with a 4690K ,even if I did not want to overclock.

Just how many FPS do you expect? Even a cheaper 4590 or 4460 should do very well.

Stock coolers should work fine unless you thrash them for hours. What is the rest of your system going to be?

TRENDING THREADS