Best Laptop for my needs

papalzru

Honorable
Nov 7, 2016
Always got solid advice when I have posted on here so was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I'm looking for a laptop. It will only be for surfing the net, using social media, watching YouTube. Ive had a look round but I don't really know what specs I need.

As cheap as possible, as Im on a budget, although I don't want to buy something slow.

Any help would be great. Cheers

Well honestly speaking what is your budget? If you want a budget laptop I'd say check out Best Buy and get an Asus, Acer or Lenovo. They tend to have decent specs and be on the cheaper side. Most of those will either give up on an SSD or have a lower end graphics card but again if you are just surfing the web. That is more then enough for your needs.

Reactions: papalzru

papalzru

Honorable
Nov 7, 2016
Well honestly speaking what is your budget? If you want a budget laptop I'd say check out Best Buy and get an Asus, Acer or Lenovo. They tend to have decent specs and be on the cheaper side. Most of those will either give up on an SSD or have a lower end graphics card but again if you are just surfing the web. That is more then enough for your needs.

Thanks mate, I'm looking for something around £150 if that's plausible

That's either a used system or a tablet, nothing that cheap is worth getting as a new laptop. A decent size hard drive costs half of your budget, never mind a whole system. Lenovo T420 should be about that used, you may even be able to find one with a solid state and those are very solid systems, if you really want a laptop. Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10 should be pretty good

Dec 11, 2019
That's either a used system or a tablet, nothing that cheap is worth getting as a new laptop. A decent size hard drive costs half of your budget, never mind a whole system. Lenovo T420 should be about that used, you may even be able to find one with a solid state and those are very solid systems, if you really want a laptop. Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10 should be pretty good

I just got the Vorke 15 i7 laptop yesterday...it took less than a week in the mail from Hong Kong...The specs are great for the price...It boots up very fast, and shuts down fast...I just got it yesterday and i'm having issues with the touchpad...mine is raised up, stiff, and very hard to press down, but I think it might be a defect...i'm going to contact them about this...It's an "Off" brand, so I don't know of the reliability, but it got 5 stars from most of the reviews...also, my battery only lasts about 3 hours when they advertise it as an "All-Day" battery...The sound is also very low, especially through the speakers on the bottom...even with earbuds.., seem on the low side...but if it didn't have these issues, it would be really good...i'm hoping the company will address them....I got it at Geekbuying.com...I think there's a year warranty...The touchpad seems hard to maneuver on mine, but it may be defective...Here's the link...I live in the US...For your currency price, click arrow on top to change currency...I got mine from China which was cheaper...I added insurance to the price, about $9, for any shipping issues...Check out the reviews...I think I may have had the worst experience...

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/VORKE-Notebook-15-Laptop-8GB-RAM-256GB-ROM-Silver-420003.html

The key to a snappy laptop is using a ssd.
You can buy the oldest of generations, but if it has a ssd, you will be pleased.
Look for one of the old thinkpad units which have nice keyboards. T420/T430.
These will usually be refurbished units from businesses.
Some will have a ssd, others will have a minimal 300gb HDD.
You can easily replace the hdd with a 240gb ssd for about
£50

Dec 11, 2019
I just got the Vorke 15 i7 laptop yesterday...it took less than a week in the mail from Hong Kong...The specs are great for the price...It boots up very fast, and shuts down fast...I just got it yesterday and i'm having issues with the touchpad...mine is raised up, stiff, and very hard to press down, but I think it might be a defect...i'm going to contact them about this...It's an "Off" brand, so I don't know of the reliability, but it got 5 stars from most of the reviews...also, my battery only lasts about 3 hours when they advertise it as an "All-Day" battery...The sound is also very low, especially through the speakers on the bottom...even with earbuds.., seem on the low side...but if it didn't have these issues, it would be really good...i'm hoping the company will address them....I got it at Geekbuying.com...I think there's a year warranty...The touchpad seems hard to maneuver on mine, but it may be defective...Here's the link...I live in the US...For your currency price, click arrow on top to change currency...I got mine from China which was cheaper...I added insurance to the price, about $9, for any shipping issues...Check out the reviews...I think I may have had the worst experience...

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/VORKE-Notebook-15-Laptop-8GB-RAM-256GB-ROM-Silver-420003.html

Was just chatting with someone in a forum and said they bought the Vorke laptop i did, but they don't have any problems...it works great for him...It has an SSD...