Best laptop under $800AUD

andrewbot9

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
My friend is starting Uni soon and wants to buy a new laptop.
Her requests are simple as her primary use is just research and typing assignments but wants to find the best value for money.

She has requested;
Light and not too bulky, and Lots of Hard drive space.

Willing to spend $800AUD max

Solution

It Sure Can. Every Windows Computer/Laptop going back to XP can upgrade (but it cost for XP), if you have Windows 7 the basic requirements are 1ghz of processing power, 1gb of RAM, at least 16gb of free hard disk space and Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with...

DJR4321

Reputable
Sep 28, 2015
Hi, Can I suggest a Toshiba R50, you can choose from core i3 to i7. The i3 comes with a 500gb hard drive and i7 comes with a 750gb hard drive. Both Laptops Battries last around 7 and a half hours. They both have a DVD Drive. You were saying that it need's to be light and not bulky, well this one is quite thin and light (2.30kg). The Laptops range from $550AUD to $799AUD so I think this is the laptop your looking for.

andrewbot9

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016

Can this be upgraded to windows 10 for free?

DJR4321

Reputable
Sep 28, 2015

It Sure Can. Every Windows Computer/Laptop going back to XP can upgrade (but it cost for XP), if you have Windows 7 the basic requirements are 1ghz of processing power, 1gb of RAM, at least 16gb of free hard disk space and Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver, but if your laptop is running Windows 8.1 easily, you can definitely update. The Laptop comes with Windows 8.1 Pro and you can easily check if your laptop can run Windows 8.1 by clicking the Windows icon in the notification center.

Hope that helps

Solution