Best Lasting SSD

stejorin

Honorable
Apr 13, 2014
Hi, so I recently had a SSD die and I would like a new one. My budget is $100 (you can give or take a little here) and I would prefer to buy from Amazon. I don't care if my drive is a little slower than average, I'm just really worried about another SSD breaking on me. Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

1) Most SSD's are going to last just fine if made in the last year.

2) Most SSD's will feel about the same speed even if the specs are fairly different.

3) I do recommend the Samsung 840 or 850 EVO's (whichever is cheaper) in part because the SAMSUNG MAGICIAN software is so excellent. You can get cheaper but the ability to update the firmware easily, OP, and other things makes it worth the while.

(Is the 850 EVO for sale yet?)

4) Having said that, a 250GB Samsung 840 EVO is $130 at Amazon (a bit over budget):

5) *Note that Amazon links to OTHER STORES so you aren't necessarily really buying from Amazon direct. I suggest using PCPartpicker to help:
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/samsung-internal-hard-drive-mz7te250bw

Make sure to check SHIPPING costs as well.

(or go to storage-> SSD and look at other options)

6) The CRUCIAL M500 is another good option. The Kingston V300 is NOT a good option since they oddly have some that run much slower than others since switching to different memory (it's literally hit or miss with which "V300" you get as to how fast it is).