Best LGA 1151 CPU

Solution
If you're a GAMER then there's very few games that benefit from a better CPU than the i7-7700K anyway.

I've got an i7-3770K at 4.4GHz paired with a GTX1080. It's rare to have a CPU bottleneck running 2560x1440.

The main benefit from an i5/i7 8th gen CPU running at 5GHz would be for 1080p res gaming and even then click through and look at the 1080p and 1440p results for the five or so games here:
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/intel_core_i7_8700k_processor_review,18.html

Most have little to no benefit above even a stock i7-7700K (use similar CPU as it's not listed).
If you're a GAMER then there's very few games that benefit from a better CPU than the i7-7700K anyway.

I've got an i7-3770K at 4.4GHz paired with a GTX1080. It's rare to have a CPU bottleneck running 2560x1440.

The main benefit from an i5/i7 8th gen CPU running at 5GHz would be for 1080p res gaming and even then click through and look at the 1080p and 1440p results for the five or so games here:
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/intel_core_i7_8700k_processor_review,18.html

Most have little to no benefit above even a stock i7-7700K (use similar CPU as it's not listed).

Solution

ARICH5

Distinguished

ya thats what i was thinking also. for gaming your at the top tier of cpu's already (kaby anyway). if your having a problem with 1151-based cpu/mobo combo it may be graphics related.

PrivilegeYT

Distinguished

I don't even remember what I said but sorry ? Won't happen again ?

PrivilegeYT

Distinguished

No I have a 1080ti but I was just looking for upgrade suggestions.

PrivilegeYT

Distinguished

If you could message me what did wrong then that would help a lot.

ARICH5

Distinguished

you dropped the F-word in your post. this is a all ages forums and some of the advisors here are underage.
thats probably why. from the sound of the moderator's post it was a last warning. the post is deleted so i dont beleive they can bring it back for proof.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

When someone answers your question dropping an f bomb about how you're unhappy about it is not how you answer it. As mentioned this place is for all ages. Don't do it again.