Question Best Light Pressure Gaming keyboard?

May 25, 2022
I would like to build my own keyboard, but also dont want to commit to all the lubing and dampening etc
so I was just wondering if there are any "gaming keyboards" that are;
1. Not heavy on the fingers ( low pressure )
ㄴ I have a weak wrist, some keyboards have such high pressure requirement I cant use them for more than 30 minutes during gaming without my wrist starting to hurt (even with a good wrist rest)
2. Silent
ㄴ not quite membrane etc, I can handle some thoks, but I would like as silent of a keyboard if possible
I have a durgod taurus K310, but its way too heavy on the fingers but I like how silent the keyboard is
but thought with some lubing it would be a lot more silent...
So I was just wondering if there are any keyboards out there that really kind of fit my wants
Any thoughts?

tecmo34

Administrator
  1. On the Durgod Taurus K310, do you know what switches you have? it looks like it comes with various options. This will help point to options, as if they are speed silver linear and still to heavy then Optical switch are the route and then getting more into pre-built versus customs. If you got the "all around" MX Browns then looking at a liner / lower actuation force switch would help.
  2. Are you good with a 60% layout or do you need full size keyboard? The lightest switch / movement is on the Wooting 60HE is considered the best gaming keyboard by many and you can set you actuation point so less pressure. Downside, it is out of stock until April and is a little costly.
  3. If you are want to dab into the custom seen, I would recommend looking at Glorious GMMK 2 pre-built with their Fox liner switches. I'm typing on one as we speak but updated to their Glorious Panda's for personal feel. My son uses their Fox liner switches for this gaming keys on his GMMK Pro.
If you have a Best Buy or Micro Center near you, I would recommend going in there and just getting your hands on some keyboards with different switches to see what you like and feel.

Of the more common ones, MX Red Silent have a pretty low actuation force, as do the Silver Speed switches. Both are pretty quiet switches.

There is a large chart of switches here comparing them https://thegamingsetup.com/gaming-keyboard/buying-guides/keyboard-switch-chart-table

30-40 may be what you are looking for, to me 45 is light enough and is high enough not to randomly click on things when I'm hovering near the keys.

May 25, 2022
Any suggestions? speed silver and mx reds would be my go to
as silent as possible with low actuation force
but would be great if the keyboard was solid with a decently low enough price I wont have to break my bank for it XD

tecmo34

Administrator
It isn't a custom board, but is a good optical board that you can't really beat for the price. It is very similar to the Corsair K100 board. I have this board in my collations of keyboards.

EVGA Z20

I would recommend the GMMK 2 (96%) layout. Those switches are nice but I would look at Speed Silvers over Red's of wanting to go custom. AKKO makes some really nice speed silver switches a good price if you have a hot swapable board now.