[SOLVED] Best Location for Drainage?

AcGee

Prominent
Sep 21, 2020
Hello all,

Was wondering if someone could let me know how to best get a drainage value into this loop please? Photo:

https://ibb.co/q0cX9X6

I'm thinking of adding a splitter on the top blue line and running an extension straight down with a ball valve at the bottom?

Would that be ok or are there better ways to do it?

Thanks

Solution
Drain should be at the lowest point. I would probably flip the radiator and redo the lines, and put your T in the basement of the case where it can't be seen. What I have done. Not ideal for the radiator, but the only other option would be to lower the pump/reservoir Doesn't look like there is room for that.

I also have a top mounted pump/rad/res, and I can't move it, so that was my compromise.

If you could reverse just the radiator and have the radiator input to the reservoir top, you might open the option of simply having the valve at the base of the pump, but, not ideal, since there is still going to be a lot of water in the radiator.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Drain should be at the lowest point. I would probably flip the radiator and redo the lines, and put your T in the basement of the case where it can't be seen. What I have done. Not ideal for the radiator, but the only other option would be to lower the pump/reservoir Doesn't look like there is room for that.

I also have a top mounted pump/rad/res, and I can't move it, so that was my compromise.

If you could reverse just the radiator and have the radiator input to the reservoir top, you might open the option of simply having the valve at the base of the pump, but, not ideal, since there is still going to be a lot of water in the radiator.

Solution

AcGee

Prominent
Sep 21, 2020

Unfortunately the case is too small for me to be able to flip the front rad around (or mount anywhere else). Appreciate I'll need to flip the case to empty the rad properly which I am ok with.

If I were to extend the the valve to the bottom of the blue extension (either off inlet or outlet) will this cause any issues with flows?

Thanks