Best Long Term Processor Purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasol kay

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013
After purchasing a 144Hz Monitor I've realized my Processor cannot keep up with the demanding refresh rate of my Monitor and I'm looking to get it replaced and would like some suggestions.

I live in Israel so local retail prices are rather inflated compared to the US/EU.

This is the Store I was looking to purchase from: https://www.wellcom.co.il/

I'm looking to get the best possible performance without going overboard, the list of processors that would be in my price range are as follows:

i9 9900k

i7 9700k

i7 8700k

I'm also interested in knowing what would be the best Motherboard to pair these up with for Overclocking purposes, since that is the only feature that is a real deal breaker to me.

*On a side note NewEgg does ship to Israel but they do charge quite a lot on Taxes and Shipping Costs, which is still cheaper by the way the only caveat being international warranty's.

I greatly appreciate your time.

tiaan_strauss

Proper
Jan 12, 2019
Hi,

I dont know if you watched AMD CES 2019 coverage but AMD showed an 8 core chip beating a 9900k both in terms of performance & power efficiency in Cinebench.

At first it might not seem all that impressive, but the thing is AMD have designed a chip considerably better in power efficiency than the 9900k, even more fascinating is that the chip in question equates to the new mid range AMD chip (it isnt even their high end chip).

Before making your purchasing decision I highly suggest watching this video as it provides a very good analysis of the performance of the upcoming AMD chips. https://youtu.be/g39dpcdzTvk

If your purpose is futeproofing it would be worthwhile considering all your options & that of course includes next gen AMD chips as well.

Best of luck

Long term predictions are just about impossible because it depends very much on what comes out next. But generally the very high end unlocked CPUs hang on the longest. They also can have meaningful resale value later on. 3.8GHz Pentium4s all ended up in the dumpster when 1.8GHz Core2Duo came out. While overclocked X58 Xeons with 3 channel memory can still run hard 10 years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.