[SOLVED] Best m.2 drive 500 GB/ 1TB -> price/performance?

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
Hey, my old system SSD just died and i need a new one.

Looking for a best value/performance (budget shelf) m.2 drive 512 GB or 1 TB.

My mobo: MSI x570 gaming plus.

Budget: max 100 EUR

I'm gaming most of the time, don't need a hyper-performance speeds, but it would be nice to have those, if i fit the budget.

Any recommendations what's worth to buy now?

I was thinking about:

1) AData SX6000 pro 512GB -> 285 pln (about 68 eur). Seems reasonable, but i usually avoid this brand.

2) Crucial P1 PCIe NVMe 1TB -> 419 PLN (99EUR). This one seems to have some problems with overheating. (?)

Last edited:
Reactions: mkaafy

mkaafy

Reputable
Jan 14, 2020
Hello my friend!

I recommend that you buy Samsung 970 PRO NVMe SSD, 512 GB or 1 TB. This is the best SSD ever. Highly reliable and super fast and It is a MLC SSD.

If that's not affordable, check out Western Digital's Blue M.2 SSDs. These are TLC SSDs, not the best, but still decent and rather durable. (There are also WD Black NVMe MLC SSDs with hyper-performance speeds.)

I, personally, have used Samsung PRO and WD Blue SSDs and haven't run into issues so far but ADATA or Crucial I just haven't experienced using them yet.

Happy Gaming

Last edited:
Reactions: maziech

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
Thank You both for Your answers :) they came a bit late, but i still appreciate :)

Trying to fit the budget and quality i gave up on capacity and decided to bet on "reasonable" performance....
Ended up buying Corsair MP510 Force Series (240 GB) for about 240PLN (60EUR).
Not the best deal ever, but it's a good and fast drive.

I hate samsung because of personal reasons and i don't buy it's products at all since 10 years, no matter how good they would be (really bad experience with warranty for one of their products). That's why didn't even consider 970 evo.

Reactions: mkaafy