[SOLVED] Best mechanical keyboard for gaming under 80usd?

Matt255

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2014
Interested in getting my first mechanical keyboard, I decided that i would try red switches and have a budget for 80Usd. I think I am going to try 65% or TKL. This keyboard is mainly for gaming.
Options i have found so far:

Keychron K2

Akko 3068

Kemove 61

Hyperx alloy fps pro

Are any of these keyboards worth it? if so which would you suggest and if not what you would suggest?

Solution
Without actually trying them out in person, anything you get will be fine to try as a first setup. Any of the ones you listed are good models, but I don't like the very compact 60% keyboards that leave out arrow keys and del, other keys. TKL is a good pick for a shorter keyboard like the HyperX, it will also have the most friendly software. Really without having your hands on several keyboards will be hard to pick a good one the first guess. I went through over 10 models so far and still looking.

Epomaker SK64 is good if you want a compact keyboard, has very nice Gateron Optical switches and is hotswappable so you can buy a set of different Gateron Optical switches and plug them in without soldering to try out different switches...
Without actually trying them out in person, anything you get will be fine to try as a first setup. Any of the ones you listed are good models, but I don't like the very compact 60% keyboards that leave out arrow keys and del, other keys. TKL is a good pick for a shorter keyboard like the HyperX, it will also have the most friendly software. Really without having your hands on several keyboards will be hard to pick a good one the first guess. I went through over 10 models so far and still looking.

Epomaker SK64 is good if you want a compact keyboard, has very nice Gateron Optical switches and is hotswappable so you can buy a set of different Gateron Optical switches and plug them in without soldering to try out different switches https://www.amazon.com/EPOMAKER-Swa...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Also this one https://www.amazon.com/EPOMAKER-Hot...words=hotswap+keyboard&qid=1601583074&sr=8-14 but they are not Optical switches, need to keep that if mind if replacing, they are not interchangiable.

I'd have to say the Gateron Optical Reds are my favorite Red switch of the several I tried.

This is what those things look like on a desk with size comparison (about half of my keyboards)

K23u1x0.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt255
Solution