Question Best memory for Ryzen 7 2700X on a Prime X370-A board?

Jun 15, 2020
So, I want to change my RAM since I'm pretty sure it is lagging my games performance (hyperX 2400mhz with a rx 5700 XT, hitting 30 fps on games lixe deus ex or ac: odyssey)

My question is: which memory should I get? I have my eyes on the CMK16GX4M2D3200C16 (Vengeance 2x 8gb 3200mhz), since they are pretty cheap, but are they decent?

I also saw a memory from HP (7EH67AA#ABM), but dont know if they are decent either

Thanks! xD

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Your absolute BEST bet is to choose memory off the motherboard manufacturers QVL.

With that said, and this is anecdotal, but I see a LOT of posts concerning issues with Ryzen and some Corsair module (among others). I am actually using some of the RGB Vengeance sticks in my B350 R71700 build and they perform flawlessly at 3200. In my 2700X on an x370 am using some Trident Z, also at 3200 and it works well now that I finally got a BIOS revision it was happy with.

Jun 15, 2020
Hello!

I have thought about buying the memory described in the QVL, the only problem is that none sells here :sweatsmile:

As for the issue with Corsair modules, I searched about it and all posts about issues with it seems to be pretty old, with all saying that a BIOS update fixed it

So... back to square one 😔